We aim to keep our surgery clean and tidy and offer a safe environment to our patients and staff.
If you have any concerns about cleanliness or infection control, please report these to our Reception staff.
Our GPs and Nursing staff follow our Infection Control Policy to ensure the care we deliver and the equipment we use is safe.
We take additional measures to ensure we maintain the highest standards:
- Encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report any incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We can review these and identify improvements to avoid future problems
- Carry out an annual infection control audit to make sure our infection control procedures are working.
- Provide annual staff updates and training on cleanliness and infection control
- Review our policies and procedures to ensure they are adequate and meet national guidance
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove the risk of infection
- Use washable or disposable materials for items such as curtains, floor coverings, towels etc., and ensure that these are cleaned or changed frequently to minimise the risk of infection.
Make Alcohol Hand Gel available throughout the surgery